Vegan Cornbread

Listen!!!! I never thought in a million years that your girl would be ducking it out in the kitchen with these vegan recipes from scratch. Yes, I’m so freaking proud of myself. I was craving some type of bread today once I arrived home. 

At first I was going to just make some muffins but I wanted something different to go with my veggies & cauliflower rice. So off to creativity land in my head. I looked in my cupboards and saw a bag of cornmeal that I have not used. The bag was still sealed closed. I remember reading about cornmeal and how it’s great for making homemade  cornbread. 

So that’s exactly what I did. Cornbread hit the spot. The best way to describe it just melts in your mouth. All I’m gonna say is you just gotta try it for yourself. Here’s the recipe. Heat oven to 350 degrees 

Dry Ingredients: in mixing bowl
1 1/3 cup of cornmeal 
1 1/3 cup of organic wheat flour
1Tbsp of baking powder
Pinch of sea salt (optional)

Wet Ingredients: added to dry ingredients 
1/3 cup of maple syrup 
1 Cup of plant milk of choice 
1 1/2 cup of water
1/4 cup of organic olive oil

Spray baking pan with olive oil 

Instructions: mix all dry ingredients first then add in wet ingredients slowly while mixing. Once all ingredients have been mixed together, place in baking pan and bake for 25 minutes or until done. Each oven is different so make adjustments accordingly. 

Once done, let cool and serve! 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Inner Beliefs Becomes Your Reality

Cin-Pecan Pancakes

Ginger Shots: The End All Be All to Getting Sick