Delicious Collard Greens

Food was not my friend, is what I use to tell myself. Holidays would come around I would eat so much, which was literally pass full and feel stuffed like a Turkey. It was one of the worst feelings there could be. I would eat because it was there or because I’m just having such a great time and everyone else is eating so why not me? 

It wasn’t until I started to look at what I was eating and why? Why did I have to eat to feel over full or to eat where I  had to unbutton my pants, that was just a mess within itself. Holidays for me is about family and creating moments that I can cherish for my lifetime. Foods play a major part in all gathers & especially holidays, celebrations  & birthdays.

I realized that how I eat and what I eat affects not only my  body but it also affects my mind! I took control of me and took accountability for my actions and the relationship I had with food! To eat healthy is to be truly in tune with who you are, to want more than just the now and to live abundantly to see another day! Eat to live not live to Eat! 

One of my favorite superfoods are Collard Greens. Here is a quick simple recipe for collard greens that won’t clog up your arteries and gives you flavor that last! 

1 Tbsp of Cold pressed Olive Oil
1 Onion chopped
1 chopped garlic clove
3 Cups of Vegetable Broth
1 pound of collard greens

In a sauce pan bring olive oil to the heat and add your chopped garlic and chopped onion, cook for about 3 minutes, then add collards and cook for 5 more minutes, than add your vegetable broth and add your garlic & herbs seasoning , cover and cook for 35 minutes. Make sure your collards are on a low heat and stir occasionally. When nice & tender, they are done! Once done bring to plate & serve❤️





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Inner Beliefs Becomes Your Reality

Cin-Pecan Pancakes

Ginger Shots: The End All Be All to Getting Sick